At Bike Friday we do our level best to keep legal-speak and other confusions to a bare minimum. Once you become a Bike Friday owner, we believe we have certain responsibilities. What follows is our understanding of what those responsibilities entail.
Bike Friday Guarantee & Warranty
We at Green Gear Cycling, Inc. (Bike Friday) want you, the customer, to be happy with your new bicycle. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with a new bicycle purchased directly from us (not a dealer), you may return the bicycle to us for a full refund, less all shipping charges. In all cases, the return shipping charges are your responsibility. To take advantage of this guaranty, you must notify our service department (800.777.0258 / firstname.lastname@example.org) within 30 calendar days of your receipt of you bike of your intent to return the bike, and we must receive it in our possession within 35 calendar days of you taking delivery of the bike. We also accept returns on parts within 30 days as long as the part is unused and undamaged. Processing your refund usually takes 2-6 weeks from the time that we receive back your returned item(s).
We want your bicycle to work for you, and in order for your bicycle to work well, it should fit. We'll need some help from you to ensure that your new Bike Friday fits you well, specifically by providing us with the measurements of your best fitting bike (if you own a bike that fits well) and a description of how you feel on this bike. Additionally, you will be asked for some personal measurements with a required accuracy within 1/4" (5mm) and 3 pounds (1.35kg) - yes of your current weight and not your ideal weight - as well as a description of your riding style and the places you most likely envision riding your new Friday. Our Consultants can guide you through the process of obtaining and interpreting this information.
Armed with this data, we can guaranty the fit of your new Friday if (1) we are matching exactly the dimensions from your current, best fitting bicycle, or (2) we build a Friday from your body measurements that includes our optional "fit stem" program. If you choose to have us build a bike for you that is sized in any other way, the bike will be sized per that method and built in a manner that allows for later fine-tuning of the sizing should you choose, at your expense, to pursue a more exacting fit.
As part of the consideration for buyer's purchase, buyer understands and agrees to the following: Green Gear Cycling warrants your bicycle frame set, including fork purchased from Green Gear Cycling or an authorized Green Gear dealer against defects in workmanship and materials for the lifetime of the bicycle. This does not cover paint or powder coat finishes. Green Gear Cycling honors the original manufacturer's warranty on parts and components against defects in manufacturing. Tubes and tires are sold as-is.
This warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the defective frame, fork, or defective part at the discretion of Green Gear Cycling. This is the sole remedy of the warranty. This warranty applies only to the original owner and is not transferable.
Claims must be made through Green Gear Cycling or an authorized dealer. Proof of purchase is required. This warranty covers bicycles and components purchased outside of the United States only if purchased through an authorized Green Gear Cycling dealer.
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, improper assembly or maintenance, or installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the bicycle as sold. Under no circumstance shall Green Gear Cycling be responsible for incidental or consequential damages.
This warranty gives you specific rights, and those rights may vary from place to place. This warranty does not affect the statutory rights of the consumer. The 30-day money back guarantee and warranty apply to bicycles and parts purchased directly from Green Gear Cycling, Inc., or from its authorized dealers. Except as provided herein, this product is provided "as is" without any additional WARRANTY of any kind, including the WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY and the WARRANTY of FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, whether EXPRESSED or IMPLIED.
Pre-Owned Bike Guaranty
We at Green Gear Cycling, Inc. (Bike Friday) want you, the customer, to be happy with your pre-owned bicycle. If for any reason you are dissatisfied, you may return the bicycle to us for a full refund, less shipping charges. This applies to the purchases of pre-owned bicycles. In all cases, the return shipping charges are your responsibility. To take advantage of this guaranty, you must notify our service department (800.777.0258 / email@example.com) within 30 calendar days of your intent to return the bike, and we must receive it within 35 calendar days of you taking delivery of the bike. We also accept returns on parts within 30 days as long as the part is unused and undamaged. Processing your refund usually takes 2-6 weeks from the time that we receive back your returned item(s).
The sizing of the pre-owned bicycles are limited by their current construction. Bike Friday will, as part of the purchase price, replace the stem if necessary or allow for an upgrade to the "fit stem" program for a more exacting fit. No other modification to a pre-owned frame (including SatRday boom) is allowed. Any future corrections to the sizing will be borne by the purchaser.
We respect your privacy!
Any and all information collected at this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, loaned, or otherwise disclosed. Any information you give to Bike Friday will be held with the utmost care, and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. A more detailed explanation about how we safeguard your personal information is described below.
Resale or disclosure of information to third parties:
Bike Friday does not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any information collected at our site.
Browser information collected on the Web site:
We analyze our Web site logs to constantly improve the value of the materials available on Web site. Our Web site logs are not personally identifiable, and we do not link them with the individuals that actually browse the site.
Privacy of email addresses:
We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our list to anyone. E-mail addresses of customers are presented on the site when provided by the customer on specific pages (including "customer annotations" in the Bike Friday Service Center, customer bike reviews, and the Yak Files Yak e-mail digest archives). Customers who do not wish to publish their e-mail address should not utilize these features and not post messages to the Yak list.
If you have questions to the above, please e-mail:
Terms & Conditions
TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHTS AND RESTRICTIONS
2. TM & COPYRIGHT 1997 - 2006 BY GREEN GEAR CYCLING INCORPORATED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. All materials on this site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips (collectively the "Material") is protected by copyrights owned or controlled by GGCI. UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED.
3. GGCI hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable license to use and display, for noncommercial and personal use only, one copy of any Material and/or software that you may download from this site, including, but not limited to, any files, codes, audio or images incorporated in or generated by the software (collectively the "Downloaded Material") provided, however, that you must maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Downloaded Material. You acknowledge and agree that you may not sublicense, assign or otherwise transfer this license or the Downloaded Material and that no title to the Downloaded Material has been or will be transferred to you from GGCI or anyone else. You also agree that you will not alter, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise modify the Downloaded Material.
4. GGCI welcomes your comments to this site. While we appreciate your comments, GGCI cannot make a guarantee that it will respond to your messages. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you do send us a submission, you agree not to assert any ownership right of any kind in the submission (including, but not limited to copyright, trademark, unfair competition, moral rights, or implied contract) and you waive the right to receive any financial or other consideration in connection with such unsolicited submission including, but not limited to, credit.
5. GGCI is not necessarily affiliated with sites which may be linked to this site and is not responsible for their content ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are for your convenience only and you access them at your own risk.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
6. GGCI is not responsible or liable for any infections or contamination of your system or delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of this site or with respect to the Material contained on this site. This site and all Materials contained on it are distributed and transmitted "as is" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality, accuracy, adequacy, completeness, correctness and validity of any material rests with you. GGCI is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages that may result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials contained on this site whether the material is provided or otherwise supplied by GGCI or anyone else. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall GGCI's total liability to you for any and all claims, damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract or tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site.
RULES FOR BULLETIN BOARDS AND CHATROOMS
8. This site is controlled and operated by GGCI from its offices in the State of Oregon, United States of America. GGCI makes no representations that materials in this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. No software from this site may be downloaded, exported or reexported into (or to a national or resident of) any countries that are subject to U.S. export restrictions.
9. Other product and company names mentioned on this site are trademarks and registered trademarks of their respective companies. GGCI shall not be responsible for any claim or be liable for any damages arising from the use of the third-party products advertised on this site.
Shimano, Revo, XTR, Deore, Alivio, Acera, Altus, Dura-Ace, Ultegra, Tiagra, Sora, V-Brake, SPD, and 105 are trademarks of Shimano American Corporation.
Spectro, DualDrive and 3x7 are trademarks of SRAM, Inc.
Athena, Chorus, Daytona, and Record are trademarks of Campagnolo s.r.l.
10. This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such State. Any action you bring to enforce this agreement or any matters related to this site shall be brought in either the State or Federal Courts located in Lane County, Oregon. If any provision of this agreement is void or unenforceable in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby.