HAUL-A-DAY FRONT FRAME RACK INSTALLATION
How do I install the Haul-A-Day front rack
Customer Assembly Instructions for Haul-a-Day Frame Mount Rack
Components are necessarily disassembled during shipping. The following instructions are intended to guide a user familiar with bicycle maintenance in the proper and safe assembly of the Haul-a-Day frame mount rack and accessories.
- Black frame mount rack
- Aluminum diamond plate
- Large basket
- Hardware (M5, M6 bolts, jam nuts, flat and fender washers)
- Mk1 shims (only for Mk1 customers)
- 4mm & 5mm allen wrenchs
- 8mm & 10mm socket wrenchs
- Begin by very loosely clamping frame mount rack to Haul-a-Day main tube just behind head tube. Grease interior of clamp to preserve paint. Mk1 shims should be inserted in clamp if applicable. Housing should run between rack supports.
- Attach diamond plate to rack using long M6 thru-bolts w/ flat washer through angled set of holes. Nyloc nuts should be barely snug.
- Tighten frame mount clamp bolts to 12-15Nm in an alternating fashion. Adjust orientation of plate and rack before final tightening to ensure proper level orientation.
- Tighten plate thru-bolts to ~7Nm.
- Basket attaches to widest-spaced holes in plate with M5x18 thru-bolts. Use a fender washer between the bolt head and basket. Tighten basket thru-bolts to ~5Nm.