Learn more about the pakiT here:
The lightest, smallest folding bike is the pakiT and it fits in a backpack!
A great performance city bike which you can take with you anywhere & everywhere, that fits you, quickly folds and fits your mobile life!
Our goal with the Bike Friday pakiT, is to add convenience to your daily life while commuting on light wheels. A compact bike that not only folds but fits you do to it being built just for you and can be taken anywhere because of how light it is. This convenient folding bike gives you the chance to get to the office without the long hike or hop on the bus to shorten your ride.
The pakiT offers special values in each of these areas:
- Light – As little as 15 lbs, easily carried with one arm, or in the backpack.
- Many Gear Options – 1-11 speeds for cruising, commuting or adventuring!
- Comes in Multiple Sizes – Fits a wide range of riders from 4’6″ to 6’4″
- Fits into small spaces: 28″ x 17″ x 8″ when packed into the backpack.
- Fits into the pakiT Backpack see video
- Quick compact fold: Folds in under 20 seconds to 38″ x 24″ x 10″ (96 cm x 61 cm x 25 cm)
- For riders up to 190 lbs (86 kg) on pakiT Elite models and 220 lbs (100 kg) on the standard pakiT models.
- Colors – Your choice of 5 standard colors and up to 20 for Elite Custom bikes.
- Compact wheel size – The pakIT comes with a 16″ wheel which means it can easily fit into small spaces while still offering a great ride.
- Chain drive, hub gears and dérailleur options available on pakiT Elite versions.
- Belt Driven Option -Gates Carbon Belt Drive with Internal Hub is standard. Grease free, maintenance free, lasts longer than a chain.
- Dual Pivot Brakes
- Electric Assist upgrade available: Check it out here.
- Built with 100% standard industry bike parts
- NO SALES TAX
Details on the three bike design options offered in the menu above:
The Zen Day Design
If you love the simplicity of a simple folding bike and regularly jump onto the bus to get downtown, but also need to travel another couple blocks or even short miles, then this is the perfect bike for you. It’s compact, agile and folds in seconds. Great for getting around through crowds, popping into an elevator or up an escalator and folding to store under your desk. It also fits in the front of a bus or in the upper storage of the train (in the backpack). Built perfectly for the daily commuter.
Details for Zen Day Design:
- Dual Pivot Brakes
- BF Flat Bar
- Alloy 170mm Single Crank Arm
- Single Speed
- Alloy Hubs
- Schwalbe 16″ Tires
- Folding Pedals
- Quick Release Seat Post Clamp
- Bike Weight (saddle and folding pedals included) 19.8lbs.
The Bike Weekdays Design:
This pakiT is a great folding bike that also has the gears to climb hills. This bike comes ready to go and the 16″ wheels make this a climbing machine. A great compact folding bike that’s perfect for a life on the go in an urban setting with rolling hills.
Details for the Bike Weekdays Design:
- SRAM 8 speed twist shift
- Alloy 170mm Crank Arm
- Shimano 11-28 8 Speed Cassette
- Shimano Claris Rear Derailleur
- FSA Headset
- Dual Pivot Brakes
- Bike Weight 21lbs. (saddle and folding pedals included)
The Bike Everyday Design:
If you are a daily commuter and have to fold your bike every single time you use it, then this pakiT design is the perfect option. The belt-drive (instead of greasy chain) gets rid of the chance of getting chain-grease on your pants. It also gets rid of that maintenance chore of oiling a squeaky chain.
Details for the Bike Everyday Design:
- Shimano Alfine Gear Shifters (rapid fire)
- Alloy 165mm Crank Arms
- Carbon Drive Crankset and chainring
- Shimano Alfine 8 Speed Geared Hub
- Bike Friday Alloy Front Hub
- Alex Black Machined Rims
- Dual Pivot Brakes
- WTB Volt Comp Saddle
- Bike Weight 23lbs. (saddle and folding pedals included)
Choose your frame color:
(Basic Color picker program – pakiT is not shown but for design idea purpose only)
Choose your Cable Color:
Below is the Bike Friday pakiT Backpack with a pakiT inside (open so you can see it in action):
pakiT with E-Assist upgrade:
The electric assist kit offered on this page for the pakiT is a front hub motor with Airline check-able Ligo Batteries. Learn more about the front hub motor system on our electric assist page here.
This 45-second video shows how the pakiT folds and unfolds:
Order process information for ordering on this page:
- Phase 1: Follow all the steps in the drop-down menus above then “Add to cart” and follow steps in your cart. Once purchased phase two will start.
- Phase 2: A Bike Friday Expert will follow up with you to determine your pick-up /ship date (production takes 5-7 weeks on average) and confirm any needed details about your order.
Payments Plan and Paypal Credit Option:
Want to order your bike and pay for it later? Give PayPal Credit a try. Here is how you can apply.
- Add your new Bike Friday to the cart and proceed to the checkout process.
- On the payment step of the checkout process, select “PayPal” as your payment option.
- You’ll be redirected to the PayPal website where you will log in or create an account.
- On the next step, click “Apply Now” under PayPal Credit and follow the instructions.
- Complete the checkout to place your order.
If you have any questions, please email or call us at 1-800-777-0258 USA 1-541-687-0487 INTL, and we’ll be happy to assist.
We have a strong warranty on our frames against defects in material and/or workmanship for 10 years. The warranty is non-transferable. Bicycle components (excluding tires, chain, cables, etc.) generally have a 1-year limited warranty.
Are you not finding what you are looking for?
We offer many more options than we can post here without overwhelming people. We can likely build what you are looking for. Just contact us and tell a friendly Bike Expert what you are looking for.
Send us an email at email@example.com
Call a Bike Expert: 1-800-777-0258 USA 1-541-687-0487 INTL
You can also do more exploring on your own first by clicking on the “More pakiT Designs link or the “Advanced Designer for bike geeks” button to find our bike configurator.
Submit your review