Learn more about the Haul-a-Day here:
The Bike Friday Haul-A-Day Cargo Bike is incredible in what it is capable of. Customers all over the world continue to amaze and inspire us with stories and pictures of how they use their Haul-a-Days daily. Our base model without e- assist comes with a compact double chain-ring to get you a good gear range for any outing and still keeping us the lightest cargo bike on the market(many claims but we truly are the lightest). If you upgrade to E-Asssit you get an 8-speed but don’t fret, we have spent countless hours ensuring you get all the range you need for any challenge from hills to flats.
Valuable Features of the Haul-a-Day:
- Frame adjusts to fit riders 4’6″(1.37m) to 6’4″(1.93m)
- The bicycle is 72″(1.82m) long in its shortest adjustment and 76″(1.93m) long in its longest adjustment
- The lightest long-tail Cargo Bike built today, starting at just 33 pounds (15 kg)(yes you read that right…our closest competitor, Xtracycle is 45lbs and the Yuba Mundo is 60lbs without assist)
- Non-Assist Bikes come standard with 16 Speed set-up with a Compact Double-Ring in Front
- Assist Bikes includes an 8 Speed Set-up, Single-Ring. (includes saddle and pedals.)
- Assist Bike total weight of 48lbs. (includes saddle and pedals.)
- The only long-tail Cargo Bike built in the U.S.A.
- Its compact size makes it easy to store or stands upright on its rear end for a very small footprint and fits on things like the front of city buses and standard bike racks.
- It can be disassembled into two or three pieces for packing/travel
- Regular Load Set-up 400(181.43k) pounds, Heavy Load upgrade available to 510 pounds(231.33k)(Load=rider and cargo)
- Fits on many transport racks: bus, car, and train (tested with Yakima and Thule roof-rack and tested on a local bus (LTD) front-load bike-rack)
Optional Accessories and Upgrades:
The Family Accessory Package Options:
If you are planning on making this the family bike, these are the perfect options which are best for your needs.
Younger Rider Upgrade:
- Full-wrap Whoopee Bar (Whoopee Deux Bar providing a full enclosure for your most precious cargo)
- Whoopee Cushion
- Big-Foot Foot-rest
- Haul-A-Day Bag
Older Rider Upgrade: (same as younger-rider but with short bar)
- Traditional style handlebar attached to the seat-post called the Un-Bar
- Whoopee Cushion
- Haul-A-Day Bag
Choose a Frame Color:
(basic color choosing program – Not all color combinations are available due to the adjustable frame)
Choose your Cable Color:
Electric Assist Option:
Electric assist can open a whole new world to cycling, especially when carrying a load like kids or groceries. We have chosen the Mid-drive motor electric pedal assist option to offer a boost to your ride. We only offer pedal assist as we believe it is still real cycling and it is actually safer than a throttle assist which turns a bike into a motor scooter, we don’t make motor scooters.
Pedal-Assist allows you to load your 60 lbs. kiddo on the back, a gallon of milk along with all the other fixings for dinner and climb the hill home but with a little support-crew helping you reach the crest. It doesn’t take away your ability to be a cyclist. On the contrary, it only enhances it.
About the Mid-drive electric assist:
Motor replaces cranks and bottom bracket
This is a very popular system in China where 30 million electric assist bikes are sold yearly. It is little known in North America and we have been thrilled to discover it. A few of us on the Bike Friday team have put this kit on our Haul-a-Days and love it!
- 36 Volt Systems
- Maximum Amp hours of the controller: 15 Amps
- The wattage varies by battery and usage but ranges 288Watts – 500 Watts
- Torque sensing pedal assist for smooth acceleration and dynamic assist
- All systems are Pedal Assist only so there is no electric assist without pedaling (this is key in some laws)
- The Controller can be programmed for your local laws
- From the Factory, we program the motor to support at a maximum speed of 20mph(32kph).
- The most efficient system in terms of battery use
- Best hill climbing capabilities. Battery lasts longer despite hills and distance
- LiGo travel battery upgrade option available
- Bottom bracket integrated pedal assist for smooth acceleration
- This motor runs nearly silently!
Good To Know:
- Limited crank options (170mm length)
- A limited number of front chainrings (only 1 but worth a chat with our bike experts to ensure you get the correct size for your needs. With E-Assist you can go larger)
- Assisted speed is limited by adjustable setting that tops out at 90 RPM’s
- Limited to non-folding Bike Fridays only
Heavy Load Frame Up-Grade:
Our basic Haul-A-Day is designed for a Rider weight limit of 220 pounds (100 kg) and Cargo weight limit 200-pounds (90 kg) for a total of 420lbs(it adds-up quick once you get a kiddo or two plus a bike repair kit and groceries). The heavier rider upgrade(some have coined this the “HAULA ABDUL”) available to 260 pounds (118 kg) and heavier load upgrade available to 250lbs (113 kg)Total weight of 510lbs.
The Adjustable Frame
(the only one in the industry):
Below you will see how easy it is to adjust all the main aspects of a bike so it can fit almost any rider in your home. We are the only company in the world doing this and we think it’s pretty great!
Read more about the Haul-a-Day
Order process information for this page
In the options selection box:
- Follow all the steps in the drop-down menus then.
- Add to cart
- Go to cart then follow steps.
- Fill-out billing and shipping info
- Place Order
Once purchased phase two will start.
- A Bike Friday Bike Expert will follow up with you in the next 48 hours to determine your pick-up /ship date(production takes 5-7 weeks on average)
- confirm any needed details about your order(some people to come to our factory for a tour and pick-up their new bike).
Payments Plan and Paypal Credit:
Want to order your bike and pay for it later? Give PayPal Credit a try. Here is how you can apply.
- Add your new Bike Friday to the cart and proceed to the checkout process.
- On the payment step of the checkout process, select “PayPal Credit” as your payment option.
- You’ll be redirected to the PayPal website where you will log in or create an account.
- On the next step, click “Apply Now” under PayPal Credit and follow the instructions.
- Complete the checkout to place your order. It really is a snap!
If you have any questions, please email us or call us at1-800-777-0258 USA 1-541-687-0487 INTL, and we’ll be happy to assist, even with E-Assit.
We have a strong warranty on our frames against defects in material and/or workmanship for 10 years. Warranty is non-transferable. Bicycle components (excluding tires, chain, cables, etc.) generally have a 1-year limited warranty.
Are you not finding what you are looking for?
We offer many more options than we can post here with out overwhelming people. We can likely build what you are looking for. Just contact us and tell a friendly Bike Expert what you are looking for. You can also do more exploring on your own first by clicking on the “More Haul-a-Day Designs” link or the “Advanced Designer for bike geeks” button to find our bike configurator.
Bike Expert Contact: 1-800-777-0258 USA 1-541-687-0487 INTL
Submit your review
I got my Bike Friday Haul-a-day Cargo Bike in April this year after doing a lot of research on the best way to transport my toddler and self on our daily errands and commute. I'm not sure how much it weighs with all the super practical outfittings, but as a 115lbs woman I feel that it is light enough. I definitely would not be as excited to ride some of the other, heavier, cargo bikes out there. We've carried lots of groceries and large loads of laundry without a problem and, I hope, inspired kindness and safety from automobilists.
I hope other families find that the right bike can replace a car 99.9% of the time, and that it is much more pleasant than going the stroller route. Oh, and my child also loved riding the bike, making the hand signals, and taking a nap in the back seat (I highly recommend the Hamax caress which easily reclines 20° and has arm rests).
Prospective owners and their spouses should be warned that the Haul-a-day comes with urges to get large items from the hardware store and gardening center on a whim, so you just got to keep that in check...
Super excited about my Bike Friday Haul-A-Day Cargo Bike. Order process went well and when I got my bike there were some small changes which we worked through with service and together we created the perfect bike for our family needs. We are truly thankful for our family bike with E-Assist on it and we find new things all the time that make us fall deeper in love each day. Thanks, Bike Friday for making great E-bikes right here in Eugene, Oregon!
Thanks for making such a cool, fun bike! I’ve been riding Bike Friday Haul-A-Day Cargo Bike everyday rain or shine since the buying it from the crew at Electric Lady and it’s made each ride a fun experience for me and my kids 🙂