More questions before you commit to buy? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below you will find the descriptions of the options for purchasing this bike:
Optional Accessories and Upgrades:
The Family Package Options:
If you are planning on making this the family bike, these are the perfect options which are best for your needs.
Younger Rider Upgrade:
- Full-wrap Whoopee Bar (Whoopee Deux Bar providing a full enclosure for your most precious cargo)
- Whoopee Cushion
- Big-Foot Foot-rest
- Haul-A-Day Bag
Older Rider Upgrade: (same as younger-rider but with short bar)
- Traditional style handlebar attached to the seat-post called the Un-Bar
- Whoopee Cushion
- Haul-A-Day Bag
- Frame adjusts to fit riders 4’6″(1.37m) to 6’4″(1.93m)
- The bicycle is 72″(1.82m) long in its shortest adjustment and 76″(1.93m) long in its longest adjustment
- The lightest long-tail Cargo Bike built today, starting at just 33 pounds (15 kg)(yes you read that right…our closest competitor is 69lbs without assist)
- Non-Assist Bikes come standard with 24 Speed set-up
- Assist Bikes come with 8 Speed Set-up
- The lightest long-tail E-Asssit Cargo Bike built today, starting at just around 64 pounds.
- The only long-tail Cargo Bike built in the U.S.A.
- Its compact size makes it easy to store, stands upright on its rear end for a very small footprint
- It can be disassembled into two or three pieces for packing
- Regular Load Set-up 400(181.43k) pounds, Heavy Load upgrade available to 510 pounds(231.33k)(Load=rider and cargo)
- Fits on many transport racks: bus, car, and train(tested with Yakima and Thule roof-rack and tested on a local bus (LTD) front-load bike-rack)
Choose a Frame Color:
(basic color choosing program – Not all color combinations are available due to the adjustable frame)
Choose your Cable Color:
More about optional E-Assist:
Read more about E-Asssit on our blog: – Click Here –
The facts about E-Assist: It’s a bike and the bikes we make are meant to be to be pedaled. What pedal-assist does is it open’s a whole new world. Pedal-Assist allows you to load your 60 lbs. kiddo on the back, a gallon of milk along with all the other fixings for dinner and climb the hill home but with a little support-crew helping you reach the crest. It doesn’t take away your ability to be a cyclist. On the contrary, it only enhances it.
Motor replaces cranks and bottom bracket
This is a very popular system in China where 30 million electric assist bikes are sold yearly. It is little known in North America and we have been thrilled to discover it. A few of us on the Bike Friday team have put this kit on our Haul-a-Days and love it!
- 36 Volt Systems
- Maximum Amp hours of the controller: 15 Amps
- The wattage varies by battery and usage but ranges 288Watts – 500 Watts
- Torque sensing pedal assist for smooth acceleration and dynamic assist
- All systems are Pedal Assist only so there is no electric assist without pedaling (this is key in some laws)
- The Controller can be programmed for your local laws
- From the Factory, we program the motor to support at a maximum speed of 20mph(32kph).
- The most efficient system in terms of battery use
- Best hill climbing capabilities. Battery lasts longer despite hills and distance
- LiGo travel battery upgrade option available
- Bottom bracket integrated pedal assist for smooth acceleration
- This motor runs nearly silently!
Good To Know:
- Limited crank options (170mm length)
- A limited number of front chainrings (only 1 but worth a chat with our bike experts to ensure you get the correct size for your needs. With E-Assist you can go larger)
- Assisted speed is limited by adjustable setting that tops out at 90 RPM’s
- Limited to non-folding Bike Fridays only
Heavy Load Up-Grade:
Our basic Haul-A-Day is designed for a Rider weight limit of 220 pounds (100 kg) and Cargo weight limit 200-pounds (90 kg) for a total of 420lbs(it adds-up quick once you get a kiddo or two plus a bike repair kit and groceries). The heavier rider upgrade(some have coined this the “HAULA ABDUL”) available to 260 pounds (118 kg) and heavier load upgrade available to 250lbs (113 kg)Total weight of 510lbs.
Adjustable Frame(the only one in the industry):
Below you will see how easy it is to adjust all the main aspects of a bike so it can fit almost any rider in your home. We are the only company in the world doing this and we think it’s pretty great!
Our bike experts are the best in the business and they want you to enjoy your bike as much as they enjoy theirs. They are here to help and will happily take any of your questions so that you get exactly what you expect. We, with our website, are trying to make it easy, but we are still a custom bike builder based in Eugene, Oregon.
No software is going to provide the level of customization you can get from an actual human being so please feel free to give us a call.
How to order a custom Haul-A-Day that fits you and your life:
In the options selection box:
- Follow all the steps in the drop-down menus then.
- Add to cart
- Go to cart then follow steps.
- Fill-out billing and shipping info
- Place Order
Once purchased phase two will start.
- A Bike Friday Bike Expert will follow up with you in the next 48 hours to determine your pick-up /ship date(production takes 5-7 weeks on average)
- confirm any needed details about your order(some people to come to our factory for a tour and pick-up their new bike).
We, Bike Friday industry-leading warranty on our frames against defects in material and/or workmanship for 10 years. Warranty is non-transferrable. Bicycle components (excluding tires, chain, cables, etc.) generally have a 1-year limited warranty.
*shipping: the price at checkout for shipping is based on it being broken-down and boxed.
Still not sure about buying this bike and have more questions? You can buy the bike now and then work out any questions you might have with a bike expert or give us a call so we can walk you through the bike and help you along. Either way, we are here to ensure you love this bike in every way possible.
Design a Custom Haul-A-Day: – Click Here –