Green Gear Cycling (Bike Friday) is an internationally recognized manufacturer of high performance folding bicycles for traveling and utilitarian/commuting use. Most of our designs are the market segment benchmark product. We employ lean manufacturing techniques (Toyota Production System) to hand fabricate the bicycles here in Eugene OR. We practice open book management.
Current Positions Available:
Social Media Brand Community Manager and Jack-of-all-Trades Marketer Needed for Local Bicycle Manufacturer.
- Strong creative writing skills, with the ability to match a brand voice
- Fluent in Facebook, Facebook Insights, Instagram, and YouTube
- Ability to operate a DSLR to shoot photo and video
- Strong working knowledge of Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Comfortable working in the GUI of WordPress, though coding is preferred
- The Google suite of apps- Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Gmail, Drive
- Strong salesmanship, in person and over the phone (ability to sell bikes is needed)
- Personal experience and passion for bicycles ability to liberate a person with elegant simplicity.
- Strong personal organization skills and personal motivation to accomplish what is needed for the situation.
- High integrity.
- High quality customer service skills and attitude – you will be representing the company for our online community
- 2 years of digital marketing
- 1-2 years of sales
- Meaningful personal experience riding a bike
- Developing the marketing strategy with the President
- Creating original written, video and photo content for publishing across all social media channels and our blog
- Engaging with customers on all of our online channels
- Curating content from customers to republish on Bike Friday’s channels
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key influencers, bloggers, and journalists
- Shipping bikes to the press for reviews
- Identifying and attending events relevant to our key demographics
- Keeping an eye on industry trends and looking for ways to capitalize on them
- Writing press releases
- Maintaining and updating the company website, with a focus on SEO
- Staying up to date on SEO best practices
- Maintaining an editorial calendar for all marketing activity
- Maintaining a database of all marketing images, videos and files
- Creating and publishing regular marketing email campaigns
- Monitoring customer and prospect engagement across all platforms
- Maintaining the webpage and database of used bikes for sale
- Potentially answering some incoming phone calls from current or potential customers
- Selling some bicycles, or bicycle accessories over the phone or in person