Green Gear Cycling (Bike Friday) is an internationally recognized manufacturer of high performance folding bicycles for traveling and utilitarian/commuting use. Most of our designs are the market segment benchmark product. We employ lean manufacturing techniques (Toyota Production System) to hand fabricate the bicycles here in Eugene OR. We practice open book management.
Bike Friday Brand Evangelist and Marketing Guru
To drive our vehicle for healthy change
We are calling for a special go-getter to join our executive team and drive our growth in this next generation through Marketing.
A description of the best candidate:
You are motivated by ambitious goals and you use strategic, results based marketing to achieve them. You are comfortable with the reality that the company can live or die based on the high quality leads and sales you bring in.
Your style is authentic, principled and customer focused. You are motivated to have your work make a positive impact on the lives of customers.
You are inspired by human power and the human scale affect of bicycles on our world. You are excited to start with a unique world wide brand of enthusiastic customers who love adventure, health and independence under human power (by bicycle).
You have been developing your high level achievement skills, gathering a variety of applicable sales & marketing experience and are itching to apply them to a good company that really cares about making a positive difference in this world.
You have an entrepreneurial spirit with creative problem solving skills and ability to organize and manage complex situations with a solid focus on the ultimate goals to be achieved.
Our Vision for Bike Fridays Impact on the World:
We see the bicycle as a tool that supports a person to live life in a healthier, more satisfying way, an elegant solution to complex modern problems.
We passionately support people to live healthy active lifestyles through high quality, personalized bicycles easy to take anywhere, built to be used, that amplify a persons human power, as a vehicle to facilitate healthy change in the world one person at a time (pun intended).
Bike Friday/ Green Gear Cycling offers the best multidimensional personal transportation run on human power. It rides great, fits you, adjusts to the situation, folds, packs, travels, carries your stuff. Human amplifier for a healthy lifestyle. Proudly hand made in the USA.
- We have one location where it All happens (marketing to hand built delivery) in Eugene Oregon for the last 25 years. Full company = 22 people.
- We sell direct and through dealers, exporting 25% overseas.
- Some sort of referral is a majority of our current business.
- Compensation based on experience and Bike Friday achievements. Base plus bonus.
- Strong creative writing skills, with the ability to match a brand voice
- Fluent in Facebook, Facebook Insights, Instagram, and YouTube
- Ability to operate a DSLR to shoot photo and video
- Strong working knowledge of Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Comfortable working in the GUI of WordPress, though coding is preferred
- The Google suite of apps- Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Gmail, Drive
- Strong salesmanship, in person and over the phone (ability to sell bikes is needed)
- Personal experience and passion for bicycles ability to liberate a person with elegant simplicity.
- Strong personal organization skills and personal motivation to accomplish what is needed for the situation.
- High integrity.
- High quality customer service skills and attitude – you will be representing the company for our online community
- Meaningful personal experience riding a bike
- Developing the marketing strategy with the President
- Creating original written, video and photo content for publishing across all social media channels and our blog
- Engaging with customers on all of our online channels
- Curating content from customers to republish on Bike
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key influencers, bloggers, and journalists
- Shipping bikes to the press for reviews
- Identifying and attending events relevant to our key demographics
- Keeping an eye on industry trends and looking for ways to capitalize on them
- Writing press releases
- Maintaining and updating the company website, with a focus on SEO
- Staying up to date on SEO best practices
- Maintaining an editorial calendar for all marketing activity
- Maintaining a database of all marketing images, videos and files
- Creating and publishing regular marketing email campaigns
- Monitoring customer and prospect engagement across all platforms
- Maintaining the webpage and database of used bikes for sale
Selling some bicycles, or bicycle accessories over the phone or in person
If this describes you I want to talk to you!
Bike Friday President
If you would like to submit a resume for future consideration, please attach it in an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and express what it is you’d like to do and why you believe you’d be a good fit for our company.