Haul-a-Day Kickstarter is ON!
If you’d like to support Bike Friday’s new Cargo Bike, the Haul-a-Day, check out our Kickstarter Campaign to raise funds.
The Haul-a-Day allows an entire household to be human powered with one size-adjustable bike. There are several great cargo bikes on the market that focus on carrying very heavy loads with one strong rider in mind. The Haul-a-Day enables riders of all sizes to enjoy an agile ride with a cargo capacity rivaling the heaviest cargo bikes.
Our early testers say that the Haul-a-Day is a world-changing bike. Your support will help us make more Haul-a-Days available faster at a better price while keeping production in our Oregon factory.
The Haul-a-Day is unique:
- Adjustable in size, it fits riders 4’6″ to 6’4″ (135 cm to 195 cm) so friends and the whole family can ride it.*
- Extremely light and agile starting at a breakthrough 32 pounds (most cargo bikes start at 40 to 50 pounds or beyond), its compact size makes it easy to store. It’s a great everyday bike when you aren’t hauling anything, and a fine expedition touring bike or tour leader’s bike.
- Much more suitable for smaller, shorter, and lighter riders than any other cargo bike. The standard model is rated for riders up to 220 pounds (100 kg) and cargo loads up to 200 pounds (91 kg) and a frame upgrade is available for up to a 260-pound rider and 300-pounds of cargo.
- Built with 20″ wheels front and rear: the center of gravity is lower providing greater ride stability; the maintube of the frame has a low step-over height for easy mounting and dismounting even with heavy loads; the wheels accelerate more easily from a stop without compromising ride quality.
- Stands upright on its rear end for easy compact storage.
- Fits on many transport racks: bus, car, and train.
- Custom built with your choice of 14 colors and equipment, gears from 8 to 72 speeds, your choice of handlebar style, and more.
- Built by hand in Eugene, Oregon USA! Building bikes using lean manufacturing in the USA allows us to listen to our customers and incorporate improvements into every new bike we build.
* The adjustable main tube has four size options and the handlebar stem and seat mast can adjust several inches.