One-Of-A-Kind! Handcycle Tandem
This one-of-a-kind custom bicycle was built by a Burley co-worker of the Scholz’, then later Bike Friday customer and investor. While built at Bike Friday, this is not an official Bike Friday! Shortly after this bike was created, the stoker’s needs changed and another bike was built with the handcycle in the rear. In like-new condition, this original, fully custom and adjustable bicycle is a rare opportunity to buy a handcycle tandem for many thousands less than it would cost to have another one custom built.
The captain has a standard 56cm road bike cockpit in the rear of the bike for easy control and comfort. The forward stoker position provides secure, adjustable, accessible seating, a great view, and the ability to contribute to the ride with the hand crank. The bike is incredibly adjustable, able to fit forward riders from below 4 feet to near 6 tall. The bike has great accessibility features, like a wide stable forward kickstand, low step-over height, swing-clear cranks, cane storage, and adjustable foot rests and straps. The mesh recumbent seat can be fitted with straps, head support, etc. for added support and security.
- 3 speed internal Dualdrive hub with 11-28t 7speed cassette and two front chainrings for 42 speeds total. No front derailleur currently.
- Shimano RSX integrated shifters and R. Derailleur
- ITM 44cm ergo drop bar on 80mm quill stem
- Tektro V-brakes with Travel Agents. Frame can accept a rear drum brake
- Schwalbe Spezial 20x 1.25 tires
- 32h front wheel with sealed bearing hub, 36h CR-18 rear rim
- 1-1/4″ threaded headsets with linkage steering
- Frame separates for chain tensioning, packing, and shipping.
- Does not currently include saddles, pedals, or handcycle grips
- Is not a Bike Friday. Does not include a Bike Friday warranty!