Things to do:
- Take in the clean air and mountain scenery;
- Cycle the new Great Victorian Rail Trail (GVRT);
- Check out some local cool country wines;
- Ask yourself the question, "Where the ***** is Yarck?";
- Pedal through the Cheviot Tunnel -- Australia's longest Rail Trail Tunnel;
- Spin across the 385-meter Bonnie Doon Bridge;
- Enjoy a beer at the Hotel Delatite, our venue for Saturday night formal dinner;
- Wheel south to Jamieson and look out for a local world famous cyclist;
- Cross the Delatite River at Merrijig where locals catch trout from their backyards.
Getting to Mansfield
By vehicle: Mansfield is 160km from Albury, 187km from Melbourne; 722km from Sydney and 850km from Adelaide.
Public transport: Trains run daily from Sydney and Melbourne to Albury, Wangaratta, Benalla and Seymour. A coach service from Southern Cross Station, Melbourne connects with Mansfield. Coaches run twice daily, 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., and the journey takes 3 hours. Folding bikes in cases or bike bags are accepted. Phone V/line at 1800 800 007 for bookings or book online. Alternatively, train to Tallarook -- where nothing's crook -- and organize your own cycle to along the CVRT to Mansfield.
The High Country Holiday Park is central to Mansfield, opposite the Information Center and the start of the GVRT. Hosts are Nick & Lorraine www.highcountryholidaypark.com.au, tel. 03 5775 2705. There are 14 cabins each catering from 4 to 8 people, 50 van sites for powered or non-powered use, a large grassy area for some 20+ tents and a campers kitchen and BBQ area. Due to our group bookings, other bookings will be blocked. However, get in early and secure your cabin or site. A 10% discount has been offered for BF patrons. Overflow accommodation is easily found about town -- there is no other major event this weekend. The Mansfield Visitor Information Centre and High Country Reservations are keen to assist, 1800 039 049.
Payment of $90 per person by February 1, 2015 -- includes Saturday night formal dinner and Sunday lunch. There will be a $20 fee for payments received after this date. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for payment options. Please indicate any dietary requirements and provide the model and colour of your BF. All participtants will be required to sign the ABFC indemnity forms and will be responsible for their own insurance, road safety and bicycle repairs. Bring spare tubes, patches, locks and happy dispositions -- as always. Children are always welcome at ABFC gatherings. The charity recipient will be Guide Dogs Victoria. Numbers will be strictly limited to 130, so first in first served.
Hope to see you there!