Travel with the speed of light:
16.5 pounds of Bike Friday innovation
RELEASE October 31, 2010
A longtime Bike Friday owner threw down the gauntlet to our brain trust: Come up with a travel bike that could weigh-in against his favorite road bike.
Always up for a challenge, engineers Rob English and Peter Kaspar went to town, sparing no expense, and created the ultimate Bike Friday for our most discerning customers -- our Super Pro.
Word got out in a flash. They built a second. Then a third. Now, they'd love to build one for you.
The Built-to-Order limited edition Super Pro takes our Pocket Rocket Pro folding road bike technology to the next level and, like all Bike Fridays, fits in a TravelCase.
Among the highlights are a one-piece Titanium seat post, custom Nokon cable routing and a scalloped lower seat tube. But that's just the beginning. This design is set up to build your bike for the ages.
Each of the 100 Super Pros available in this limited series will be Built-to-Order after an extensive interview with one of our expert Bike Consultants, and each order will be personally reviewed by Rob English. Each Super Pro can be as unique as its owner.
The details that make Super Pro unique:
* Weighing in around 16.5 pounds (depending on components), it is the lightest production Bike Friday.
* The Titanium one piece seat mast/seat post is available in different levels of stiffness and uses a Thompson seat post head.
* Custom Nokon cable routing with head tube mounted stops eliminate paint rub. Interrupted stops save weight, but fully sealed cables offer durability.
* Scalloped lower seat tube with brazed on binder.
* No quick releases -- Super Pro is folded/dismantled using one 5mm hex key.
* The Super Pro initially comes with a fitting stem (as shown). After you ride your bike and find the perfect fit, we will tool a custom Super Pro stem.
* No rack mounts, but regular Bike Friday fenders can be fitted.
* Each Super Pro is signed and numbered by Rob English.
* Rider weight limit of 190 pounds.